Can someone direct me to posts about good anti skid paint?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rivercity

Reaction score
Can someone direct me to posts about good anti skid paint? Saw it a few weeks ago, but now I am ready to buy and cannot find it. It was a brand several folks liked. I believe they rolled it on.
Thanks.

I've used that non-skid additive on rod holders. You may laugh, but I haven't dropped one over the side yet!

I used the concrete flooring non skid paint on my wooden benches and floors on the tin also sold at Lowe's and other places. This is the second season and still good.

I just got a gallon of the no skid light gray paint. worked great for me.
https://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=83070-4-009.0083070.007&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3086155&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1
Jimmie

That Tuff Coat from Cabelas has good reviews - I know a few people on here have used it and it turned out really nice.

I know someone else also took their floor panels into one of those spray on bed liner places and had them do just the flooring sections before they bolted them in. They looked nice too.

I don't see why you couldn't add the traction media to something like Steel Flex - even something like crushed walnut medium (not as sharp as glass/sand) would make for a nice non-skid surface that would be easy to clean and tough as nails.

There was a build on here also that used something similar to Steel Flex - started with a "P" I think, it was a salt flats build on an Alumacraft - that did that with his front deck and sealed it to the boat. Looked awesome and super easy to keep up.

Lots of choices (all of them better than carpet IMO). :wink:

Are you going to be applying this to wood or aluminum?

In either case use a good primer first, but especially if you're applying it to aluminum!

I was in BassPro today and looked at a nice CC utility tinny that had no skid on aluminum decking that looked pretty nice until you looked at it closely, the paint was scraping of and you could see the bare aluminum under it... didn't look like they used much primer if any.

Great input! Thanks!

It is going on an unknown make 20 ft alum flat bottom that we use on the White River in north Arkansas. Looking for anything but carpet. Even a nice vinyl might do but I prefer paint.

The boat has been kept 2 hrs away forever, and we just brought it home for engine problems (clean carbs and replace jet impeller and sleeve). Now that it is here, we want to paint the inside at least. But really I want to paint outside too. It may end up as a Project Boat!

Until recently, I owned a body shop and I shoulda done it then, but there were unrelated issues. I still have a brother in the business though. I would prefer to roll/brush inner paint and spray the outer. I am new to the site but it seems everyone here is crazy about Steelflex paint. Most of the threads are about application and the manufacturer's site makes it sound like what we used on cars all the time ("Recommended for flexible plastic parts, urethane auto bumpers ..." ). Any of you have experience with it?

Latest posts