197? Sea Nymph

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGibson

Reaction score
Found this today on CL, it's close to home too. Supposed to be going to look at it tomorrow. 197? (He wasn't sure on the year) Sea Nymph with Trailer, 40HP Johnson Seahorse (Does not run), the head has been unbolted. Boat is 14ft long, 4ft wide in floor & 6ft wide on top. This is the way the guy bought it with intentions to fix it up but he now wants something bigger (18ft Flat bottom). $700, think its worth it?

5L65Ed5S03E93J63N8c8c73de055aaf83169e.jpg

5Ic5T65K83L93Id3N6c8c6b5d61c1b23e133d.jpg

5Gd5Y15Md3Eb3Gc3J8c8cb6bb9ae5e03f190d.jpg

Since the motor isn't running and the heads been removed, you're counting on a lot of good luck there. The boat looks a bit run down on the interior although the hull looks pretty good with no dents showing in the pics. The trailer looks like it's going to need a bit of work to get it in shape as well. I'd want to see the boat filled with water to check for leaks before I handed over any money. Prices vary depending on what part of the country you're in but I'd try offering 450-500 if I thought I wanted it for a project.

This boat started out at $1000 and he dropped it to $700. My father in law has the exact same motor that is on it but it needs bottom work. I think I'll offer $500 and see what he says. 8)

Went and looked at the boat today. It is actually in alot better condition than the pics show. The motor is locked up but my father in law has the exact same motor so that will be an easy fix. Floors, decks, transom are all in good shape. 4 seats/poles are a little ragged. Steering/Throttle cables all work. Boat had water in it from the rain so that let me know it didn't have any holes that would sink it :D A few odds and ends and it should be ready for the water. Gonna go and pick it up tomorrow evening if it hasn't sold before #-o . He came down to $600, wouldn't go any lower [-X

Boat is a 1983 and the motor is a 1976. 14ft long, 4ft in the floor, 6 on top rib. Trailer is in real good shape, just needs a good coat of paint. I'll post some better pics tomorrow.

Latest posts