Help choosing a trolling motor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcateercustom

Reaction score
Hey guys I need help deciding on a trolling motor. I have a bought a $500 dollar budget but the more I save the more ill have left to spend on something else. I found a minnkota edge 50-42 nib never opened and they want $400 for it. But I can get a nice minnkota on Walmart.com 50lb for 468.00 best part about that is it has a 2 year warrenty. Will the one never opened be covered by warrenty card maybe in box? Or is there a better deal that you guys know of, maybe diffent brand/store? Or one of you have a nice deal? Thanks for the help. I always appreciate it big time!

For that price range go with a used TM. I picked up a Motorguide 52lb for $150.00

There are lots of 12V TM out there if you look around and have some patience

I just bought a new Minn Kota C2 Endura 55lb thrust from Gander for $250. There was a special $50 rebate with it and I received it in about a month....So $200 total cost.

After months of debating which to buy, scouring CL and online stores as well, and researching I decided to go with the more powerful motor. After being out on the lake I am glad I did. So even if you budget requires to save a little more, do it. Most of the less powerful ones you see on CL are guys upgrading anyway. Good luck

And here I am thinking $400 was a deal on a new in box 50lb lol #-o Man I'm glad I asked! I'll keep my eyes open for a good deal like you guys mentioned. Thanks

I have the endura with the handle that extends. It has been a great motor, but it is a transom mount. I want to upgrade to front mount with
foot control. I want one that has a very small foot print on the front deck. I may go wireless. Then the endura will power jon boat on electric lakes and be able to be switched over to canoe when needed.

Hey thanks guys! I'm defiantly looking for a foot controlled one and I like minnkotas they are pretty sweet. The lady said she would take 350 for it so I think I'm gonna scoop it up while I have the chance. I haven't seen any 50lb foot controlled go for under 450. Thanks

Latest posts