Oh great!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mallenmanson

Reaction score
Came here to get ideas about boat painting, through hull transducers, and FF mounts.....
Now you guys have me wanting to pimp my Jon into a Bass Boat!!!!!

Sigh.....

Lol heck yeah! It's addicting! You will be proud!Tons of break folks here ready to help. Just ask.

Addiction for real! Who's got the penicillin?

I guess this is the right forum to ask a modification question?

My boat is a 14' Baycraft DJR.
According to the Coast Guard (or as I always called em-Shallow Water Navy), my boat tops out at 315# Occupants & 460# overall.

Would adding casting decks and the like, make my boat too tipsy?

Rippen Lips said:
Here is a good read on decking.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9074

You sure know how to kill a man's dream (but save a man some money and time!).
My Jon is only 32" across the bottom :(

Thanks for the link. Much appareciated

Ahem. [-X

These works of craftsmanship are not "pimped" out. Rather they represent the expression of the artistic nature of contemplative gentlemen, manifested in tangible modification of "what is" into "what Can be."

This is ART; the evolving, dynamic, and living examples of skill, reason, and individual talent applied to an aluminum medium. It is the practical application of hopes, dreams and wishes into a form that is both functional and philosophical.

And ain't they purdy?
:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Kismet said:
Ahem. [-X

These works of craftsmanship are not "pimped" out. Rather they represent the expression of the artistic nature of contemplative gentlemen, manifested in tangible modification of "what is" into "what Can be."

This is ART; the evolving, dynamic, and living examples of skill, reason, and individual talent applied to an aluminum medium. It is the practical application of hopes, dreams and wishes into a form that is both functional and philosophical.

Not bad. =D>

I love this site! I too have a boat that is too small to deck, but I am always on here getting lots of great ideas on how to make my boating and fishing experience better.

Kismet said:
Ahem. [-X

And ain't they purdy?

You sure have a way with words :lol:

Gramps50 said:
Kismet said:
Ahem. [-X

These are works of craftsmanship. Indeed, they represent the expression of the artistic nature of contemplative gentlemen, manifested in tangible modification of "what is" into "what Can be."

And ain't they purdy?

Thanks. Actually spent some time on that. :oops:
Changed it a bit, and am thinking it should be set up on large, bold typeface and printed out to hang in every Tin-Boater's work space. With the intended humor aside, it IS a fair expression of what happens to the projects folks post here.

Some of the work shown are indeed "art."

Art and personal expression through craftsmanship takes many forms.

:)

mallenmanson said:
According to the Coast Guard (or as I always called em-Shallow Water Navy),

Yup, nobody appreciates Coasties until they need us! Then it's all "you guys are incredible". :mrgreen: It's all in fun, I've heard worse nick names.

Welcome to the site, can't wait to see your boats progress. Don't loose hope, I decked out my previous narrow beam boat and so have lots of others on here. My boat was more stable with the decking than it ever was before. and mine was only a 12 foot. I did mine more or less for looks and kept it lightweight. Obviously I wasn't dancing around on it or standing directly at the gunwale but I could easily, and safely stand up and fish on it and I'm 200+ lbs.

Obviously it's not reccomended, and do it at your own "risk" but I don't see why a low deck on a 14' wouldn't work.. Worse case, make a floor and raised storage. Just bring a PFD.

file.php

Kismet said:
Gramps50 said:
Kismet said:
Ahem. [-X

These are works of craftsmanship. Indeed, they represent the expression of the artistic nature of contemplative gentlemen, manifested in tangible modification of "what is" into "what Can be."

And ain't they purdy?

Thanks. Actually spent some time on that. :oops:
Changed it a bit, and am thinking it should be set up on large, bold typeface and printed out to hang in every Tin-Boater's work space. With the intended humor aside, it IS a fair expression of what happens to the projects folks post here.

Some of the work shown are indeed "art."

Art and personal expression through craftsmanship takes many forms.

:)

Maybe they could be printed with a tin boat in the background and sold in the TinBoats.net Store.

Kismet said:
Ahem. [-X

And ain't they purdy?
isn't that backwards? ... aren't we transforming "what can be" into "what is"? :mrgreen:

Latest posts