$5 Skid Guard Tread Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun86

Reaction score
My boat can be a bit slippery when wet. While at Lowes the other day I came across Skid guard tread. One 6"x24" strip was enough to lightly cover the entire boat. The front and rear floor, front deck, and to the sides of both seats (not pictured) when cut into many strips. Even had enough to put along the neck of the trailer when I walk the tight rope. Seems to be quality adhesive. If it prevents just one fall it will be worth every penny spent. All 500. $5.

https://www.lowes.com/pd_96650-1681-67304_0__?productId=3185621

Attachments

• skid2.jpg
    skid2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 633
  • skid1.jpg
    skid1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 633
  • skid0.jpg
    skid0.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 633
I also recently bought some anti skid tape at Lowe's that comes in rolls in 2 and 4 inch widths. I placed them on the tongue of two trailers and the fenders of a third trailer. I'm not as agile as I used to be. :shock:

Sixgun
Fantastic idea and execution, really looks neat the way You laid it out. I hope it stays put for a long time. I'm sure with Your rate of boat turnover, it'll be a great selling point for the future owner. :wink: Several yrs ago I bought a 25' roll of 3M tread roll, it's 4" wide and I just cut to go wherever, and the adhesive has held great for the last 6 yrs. Got lucky on that score as it was only 18.00 incl shipping.

Novaman

That is even better than my "skate board" solution. I went to a kid's skate board shop and they had a roll of cheap non-skid that the kids didn't like, for some reason.

I was able to buy a bunch of it for a song. The kids would NOT buy the stuff, but it worked well for me. Rich

Latest posts