Boat Specs?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGibson

Reaction score
The Sea Nymph I bought doesn't have a "Spec Plate" like this:

101_0761.jpg

Can someone tell me how I would find out what the specs are on it? I do know that it is a 1983 and it is 14' long, 48" in the floor and 72" across the transom (1448?). I have searched to my wits end and no results. I have used the "Vin" number on the back of the transom, the full name on the boat...nothing...

it appears that you have some incorrect info about your boat or someone switched capacity plates. A 1448 should be rated for around 900 lbs (+/- some) and a 25 HP outboard. The plate in the pic is from a 1436. If you have your HIN, you should be able to find out pretty quick.

Edited, I didn't see the sentence above the pic. However, if you have the HIN it should be simple.

I do have the HIN and have tried to look it up...wasn't sure where to go so I just Google'd it, no luck...any suggestions?

Well I found some more info on certain types of Jon boats as far as specs go. Mine, I would not say it is a true flat bottom, it kinda goes into a very faint "V" in the center but here are the specs for them both:

1448 Flat
Length 14’
Bottom 48"
Beam 76"
Sides 24"
Gauge .100
Approx. Boat Weight 335
Manual HP 30
Remote HP 45
Person Capacity 6
Weight Capacity 1133

1448 V & UV
Length 14’
Bottom 48"
Beam 76"
Sides 24"
Gauge .100
Approx. Boat Weight 360
Manual HP 30
Remote HP 50
Person Capacity 4
Weight Capacity 1010

Got these from https://weld-craft.com/JonBoats.htm. I know this is not the same as my boat but would it be safe to use them? I am having the hardest time finding ANYTHING that has to do with specs on this boat...

Those are probably on the high side for your rig and 6 people is too many on a 1448. I'm not sure if your sea nymph is welded. For max HP, I'd say 25. I'll attach the capacity plate for my Landau 1448.

Attachments

• DSCF0781.jpg
    DSCF0781.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 1,618
Dear JGibson,

If Tennessee is anything like Pennsylvania if you contact the people in charge of registration and titling of boats, they will make you a new capacity plate based on the physical dimensions of your boat for a small fee. In PA that is handled by the Fish and Boat Commssion so I'd suggest that you start with calling your State Fish and Wildlife Department, they should be able to fix you up or at least point you in the right direction.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :D

Latest posts