Pedestal seat mods???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear Dog

Reaction score
I just picked up another seat for when I rent a boat. I was thinking the space between the bench and the bottom of the seat can be used for storage.
A quick mock up shows that I can put a rod holder on one side. On the other it looks like I can fit 3 Plano boxes. I just need to figure out how to mount the boxes. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346001114.751497.jpg

That's an awfull high center of gravity for a clamp on seat. Watch out, they aren't the best even when low.
That looks like an accident ready to happen!
Looks nice though!

I agree, those seat clamps generally don't hold to well and with the extension it would be worse. It is a pretty cool idea but just be careful. On a TM only lake shouldnt be bad on a calm day. Just don't lean to far in any direction.

Gear Dog said:
I just picked up another seat for when I rent a boat. I was thinking the space between the bench and the bottom of the seat can be used for storage.
A quick mock up shows that I can put a rod holder on one side. On the other it looks like I can fit 3 Plano boxes. I just need to figure out how to mount the boxes.

If you check out this post, on my front seat you can see the tray and rod holder on the seat. You could fabricate a bracket similar for your tackle boxes or they probably sell just the base. (spider king rodholders)

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24466

Latest posts