Should I SteelFlex?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonynoriega

Reaction score
Hi guys... I'll get right too it.

Should I coat the bottom of my boat in SteelFlex?

It's a 16' 1953 Alumacraft... After wire brushing off all of the oxidation and taking a sander to her, I have found gouges, scrapes, tons of bumps, nicks and dings all over the bottom...

Was just going to keep it bare aluminum and maybe hit it with a 1000 grit sand paper and a buffer, but am wondering if that is worth the time.

Would the SteelFlex smooth out those imperfections and create a baby butt smooth bottom?

Was also considering doing the inside bottom, but that has a non skid type of paint that was used originally....Can I put SteelFlex over that?

If you want it like a babys butt Im pretty sure I would use steel flex. I havent used it but everyone says that it is super smooth. IMO I twouldnt put it inside. I would use a bed liner. If you check out my build in my sig you will see the stuff I am about to use on my trailer.

No.

It's super slick, but is very difficult tp apply thick when "leveling-out" dents. First hand experience.

Latest posts