Properly measuring my boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonynoriega

Reaction score
Well according to Alumacraft customer support representatives, there isnt any spec documentation for my boat...

1953 Alumacraft Model K.

How do I properly measure my boat so that I can start diagramming a layout and plan.

I measured from transom (ouside) to bow nose (farthest point) and she is approx. 15' 10"...

How do I measure proper width and height?

My buddy already responded with "A tape measure dummy"...so take that one off the books!

thx everyone.

I'm assuming the 1953 Alumacraft Model K is a V-Hull.

Not exactly sure what your asking, but I've included a pic w/ basic measurements. Sometimes on these older v-hulls, the widest part of the beam may be towards the bow (as opposed to the transom in jons). bottom width can be measured at the bottom of the transom, transom height is also important (long or short shaft motor). Usually through some combination of beam, bottom width, transom hieght and lenght you can determine carrying capacity and HP ratings. Good luck.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 229
Yes, it is a V hull..which is kind of why I was asking... Can I just measure from the widest point inside the boat?

Or is there a way to measure outside?

thx

Latest posts