Hi There! Need a bow pattern?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winddog

Reaction score
I'm a newbe around here. :oops: I just finished the front deck on my 12' Mirro Craft =D> (I'll post pics later) I had a beach of a time getting it cut to match the bow :x (wasted a couple sheets of plywood it the process.) If anybody out there is going to do the same thing I'd like to offer to send you a pattern ( I have access to big paper!) I'd be happy to know I saved somebody alot of trouble. :wink:
Take care

Here is a simple way to get the exact cut you need for the radius on the bow. I put a full sheet across the area in question. I then traced the radius on one side of the boat. You will have to cut inside the line to get a tight fit. Make the cut on the side that you traced, then measure the distance width to the other side. You can then take the cut and lay it down on the other side and make your line for the other cut. Make sure you measure the top width towards the bow so you can clamp your first cut piece in place. Your second cut should be a mirror image of the first one. Then you just cut the length back as far as you want that radius cuts to end. It worked like a champ for my boat....i have maybe a sawblade of play on each side. I measured 10 times before I cut the second radius....plus a couple of beers.

bigwave said:
Here is a simple way to get the exact cut you need for the radius on the bow. I put a full sheet across the area in question. I then traced the radius on one side of the boat. You will have to cut inside the line to get a tight fit. Make the cut on the side that you traced, then measure the distance width to the other side. You can then take the cut and lay it down on the other side and make your line for the other cut. Make sure you measure the top width towards the bow so you can clamp your first cut piece in place. Your second cut should be a mirror image of the first one. Then you just cut the length back as far as you want that radius cuts to end. It worked like a champ for my boat....i have maybe a sawblade of play on each side. I measured 10 times before I cut the second radius....plus a couple of beers.

Cool, wish I knew this before I started!

Here's the pics,
One is the new front deck, one is a close up of the cup holder, one is a close up of the front mounting bracket (Stainless strap, bent in a vise & I used two strips of duct tape between the mount & the boat) & one is the side counsoul I built for the radio / FF. I plan on redoing the counsol some time soon.

Attachments

• front deck.jpg
    front deck.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 468
  • Cup holder.jpg
    Cup holder.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 468
  • consoul.jpg
    consoul.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 468
  • deck mount front.jpg
    deck mount front.jpg