Deck cut out

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheffsboat

Reaction score
Tinboaters,

Need some more help. I got my plywood for my deck on my jon boat but how in the heck do I cut it exactly to fit just inside the boat? I tried using cardboard as my outline but that stuff didn't seem to work out too well. I'm thinking maybe using a big sheet of paper to make the outline of my deck and transferring it to the plywood. Let me know what you guys/gals think. Is there an easier way?

Also, once I get the deck put on I don't want to mess with putting on a carpet so would herculiner be fine? Anyone use something esle than carpet for their deck and want to tell me about it? I'd appreciate any help. I want to get the herculiner (spray on truck bed liner) but that stuff gets expensive. I guess my buddy was right....BOAT stands for "Break Out Another Thousand$$). Appreciate the help guys.

Sheffsboat

Use a large piece of cardboard for your deck pattern. If you can not find a large enough piece, tape a few together.

You can put anything on wood for a covering. I'd seal it with a few coats of Spar before you cover with anything. Heck, you could always just seal it and paint it. Dust the wet paint with sand and you have instant non slip flooring.

Black bedliner gets hot out in the sun.

Latest posts