Can Anyone help identify my boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh C.

Reaction score
I just bought this and I want to get as much info before i do battle with the CA DMV. Wards Sea King about 13' overall and 4' at the transom. No ID plate but I found the numbers TRA808931274 stamped on the back of the transom under some paint. Any help or is there a website you can look this up?
Thanks
Josh

A long, long time ago in a place far, far away there was a department store that tried to compete with Sears Roe Buck & Co.
There name was Montgomery Wards.

At one point, for a VERY SHORT moment in time, they sold, well, you have one, John Boats!

I do not know how good of a boat it is or is not, it is comparible to Sears Gamefishers of the same era. Did they use the same manufacturer? I doubt it. I don't know for sure, but I do know that your little boat is from Montgomery Ward and the biggest tell tale is the Ward and the 13'. Sears sold 12' boats. MWard's sold 13s.

Good luck and just enjoy it!

Talons

Take a look at my boat. It's a 1970 ward's sea king jonboat. if your's looks like it then you know thats what you have.

Latest posts