Lowe V1256 w/ 4strk Merc 15hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun86

Reaction score
Came across this on CList today. Had to have it. Brought her home and threw the merc on top. Listed the SeaArk & the high dollar trolling motor. Looking forward to taking it out. Came from PA so the trailer is practically rust free! Also was garage kept for most it's life. This has to be one of the cleanest Tin's with the most accessories from the factory I've ever owned. Not much, but should be good ride. Looking forward to cutting the chop.

Been considering trading my 15hp for a 9.9/10 since it's bit too much for this rig. Hope it's a keeper. Mods, Fish finder and wire up some nav lights. I removed the seats tonite. pics shortly.

Attachments

• g2.JPG
    g2.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 769
  • g11.JPG
    g11.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 769
  • g3.JPG
    g3.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 769
  • g4.JPG
    g4.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 769
If I were you.....I would keep the 15 and just not run WOT, it would extend the life of the engine but have that power in reserve if needed. Better to have it and not use it than the other way around.....

Bailey Boat said:
If I were you.....I would keep the 15 and just not run WOT, it would extend the life of the engine but have that power in reserve if needed. Better to have it and not use it than the other way around.....

I should keep it because I know it's a sound motor but the weight is my biggest concern. IMO the transom on this boat is still rated high at 10hp. Very good point not having to run WOT, but that would be difficult for me. Especially after owning it for sometime and it no longer feels as fast*. Lightly pushing on the foot the transom flexes which is not good.. I could always take the boat to my welder and have him beef it up. I'll call him now.

Nice boat sixgun :D Yeah the weight of that 4 stroke would be my concern. Not saying to get rid of her but it would be wise to throw some braces on that transom to beef it up. Either that or get you a 15hp 2 stroke which will reduce the weight on the transom by 30-35lbs. I for one do not think 15hp is to much on a 12' and actually I wouldn't go any less than that.

Latest posts