Bass tracker prices...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispbrown27

Reaction score
Is it just me or do old Bass Tracker aluminum bass boats go for a lot cheaper than other 1648 jons? I have seen around 4-5 of them this week alone on Craigslist or in other classifieds for 1500 and lower. This is compared to a regular old 1648 jon boat running in the 2 grand neighborhood. Some with motors some without. Any reason you guys can think of for this? I would assume once you strip out all the decking it is no different then a regular jon boat...right? Am I missing something here?
Chris

They all look the same stripped down. There are several builds here with pics of them all naked and stuff.

I don't like their transom design, but other than that, they are great boats. I've thought about stripping one down before I bought this last 16'.

Another big plus is they usually have really nice trailers under them.

I just wonder why they go for the prices they do...is it that people that are selling them think that the only kind of boat that matters is fiberglass and so they don't think they can sell them for much or what? I recently saw one with a 40 hp motor (I think it was a evinrude but not sure) and the guy only wanted 1200 for it. If it were a 1648 alumicraft (or any of the other manufacturers for that matter) with a 40 horse on it it would have been 2 grand easy. I just don't get why people seem to consider Bass Trackers almost like throw away boats.
Out of curiosity..what is it about the transoms you don't like?
Chris

I have no problems with my 1542 tracker.price was right[$1100 new]&20%card for 2years what a deal no one was close to price.Now[$999]GREAT BOAT for price thats why thy sell more 8)

chrispbrown27 said:
Is it just me or do old Bass Tracker aluminum bass boats go for a lot cheaper than other 1648 jons? Any reason you guys can think of for this?

They're cheap boats to begin with.

They pull in no less than 2k around here and that's for a mid 80's.