Al Boat leak

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cva34

Reaction score
Been looking and have not found answer! Probably here some place (but new here and aint figgered it out yet)..Question is Short of Welding is there any EPOXY/Goop/ Bondo/ JB weld/ lab metal / etc ;that will repair small holes or weakened corrosion areas .The smear it on kind (I know the names just want to know what WORKS) I know about screws with washers etc.. and can go there if needed..Anyone tried the HTS-2000 weld/braze method?? I know BIG ??? but someone Knows THX ...cva34

I think they all may work for some situations. Can you post up some pics of the damage? That might give folks better insight on your specific situation.

Plus, we like pics :mrgreen:

Welcome to TinBoats

My former father in law had a marina for many years. he swore by Marine tex epoxy. I have used it to repair Johnson outboard blocks that had pitched a rod through the crank case. Some screen wire and 2 coats of Marine tex work great! I have also repaired "spongy" areas of corrosion on a hull with the stuff. Glue on a patch from the inside and keep on boating!
Your mileage may vary!

Latest posts