pool noodles for flotation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmie

Reaction score
Howdy fellas , been a long time since I posted anything. I have a 1972 PolarKraft 1436. It's in good shape with all the original flotation foam under the seats. My question is when using pool noodles do you guys split them lengthwise or use them whole? I pulled up my floor and covered the whole floor but the ribs are only 1.5" and the noodles are holding the floor up off the ribs. Will that be a problem ?
Since the original foam is still there I'm thinking about splitting the noodles to let the floor sit flat on the ribs. Any ideas ?
Jimmie

In using noodles, I often split them lengthwise to fill voids that an intact noodles wold not fit into. And by laying halves (split lengthwise) with the concave surfaces all facing the same direction I was easily able to get a lot more flotation into larger spaces. I will defer to others on the on the offset above the floor, though I do not see any advantage in raising the floor above the ribs

Are there any pictures out there of you all using noodles for flotation under a deck?

Is it possible to do that?

I dont know much about using them, so I was just asking.

thx

If you do a search for "noodles" (top right corner of the page), I am sure you will come up with more about using pool noodles than you ever wanted to know lol.

Latest posts