Sixes Clean and Shine for Bare Aluminum (Pics)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun86

Reaction score
Had a guy come in our shop the other day selling the miracle cloth. lol.He was an old fella with a couple smooth lines so he sold one to me at $5.50. Pretty much an over sized jewelry rag. I had just recently cleaned my boat off so I figured I'd give this a try to get the shine back.

First off I used cheap oven cleaner on the hull. It turned the black aluminum to a clean white. Ideally you would follow with soap and water to avoid streaks, I neglected to do this.

Second step, (pictured) Rub this "Miracle" until your fingers bleed. Guessing it will take me 2-3 days to do this because I don't desire my arm to fall off in the process. It will probably take at least two of these to do the boat proper, I will attempt it will one.

Surely it would probably be easier and would expect similar results with compound polish and a buffer, but I have neither. For those interested they sell these on Ebay for $5 shipped. Amazon for $7 ? They also sell some Metal polish at Walmart I might try before buying another cloth as there is more material.

It's a Miracle! ha

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 349
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    840.7 KB · Views: 349
  • cloth.jpg
    cloth.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 349

Latest posts