1996 9.9 johnson with a 14 ' john boat and trailer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gator McClusky

Reaction score
Can I get an opinion on is this worth $800? Found this while assisting my sister in moving. Her neighbor has this setup and looks good. I asked if he would sell it and he said he would but no one wants to give him but $500 dollars for it. I asked him what he would take and he said $800. Trailer looks new, boat looks new, the motor has fadeing paint on the top of the cover. He hasnt cranked it in 1 1/2 years but says it was running fine when he used to se it.
The recoil is on top of the motor and I am told those are the better years of this motor. I will call him and set up a compression test and attempt to crank it with water on it of course. What can you weigh in on this motor with. If it runs great and all checks out is it worth the money to buy and maybe sell this spring or is it an average deal. Not trying to get rich just trying to re coop some of my money on other projects.

If I hear good things then I will get it this weekend. If I hear bad things I will just not worry with it.
thanks

Latest posts