is this a good deal?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Is this a good deal? 1436 Lowe. Aluminum decks, fully carpeted, hinged storage front and back and galvanized trailer. Boat is a '96 and the trailer is '01. No outboard. I have him down to $1100. Thanks

For that price you could buy a used trailer and buy a brand new 1436. A 2012 Tracker 1436 without a trailer can be had for 600-700 bucks and a used trailer for that boat on craigslist could be found for a couple hundred. You would have a brand new boat and you can customize the decks to your own liking. For that price you could find any number of much wider and deeper 14' boats and even 16' boats, a number of which will have motors, trolling motors, decks and all the goodies. Honestly man, I would pass....$1100 is pretty high for what it is.
Chris

thank you for the reply. Here is a picture
5L55E35Md3n83kb3J5c9gdf4ce65a5a951009.jpg

i couldnt see myself buying a finished boat for 1200 dollars. i got my boat for 600 with a trailer titles for both ready to go into the water. but the time i have spent repainting it fixing things i didnt like and doing light mods has sold me on making a boat fit my wants. not buying a boat and you cant change. also what are the decks hiding?corrosion bad rivets.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Will that layout will work for you? If so it looks good to me.

Layout is great. I'm really only concerned about the price. Love the fact they used aluminum but the price still seems high with no ob.

Well you certainly can't buy another and build that boat for $1100, especially if the trolling motor is included. Sounds like a very good deal to me with it being a Lowe boat. I went the new Tracker route last May with a 1542 and now have well over 10k tied up in it and it is no where near finished!!

aaronjbrowning said:
Captain Ahab said:
i say it is too much $

At what price price would this become a good deal?

I think the bigger deal is that you will want a wider boat once you start fishing out of a 36 and will want to resale the boat. If you purchase it for 1100 I would only guess you would be on the losing end of the deal. However if you are dead set on getting it I think a good deal would be around 800 JMHO

Honestly, I think even at 800 the price is still high. For a little perspective here is an 1848 for $1200...https://semo.craigslist.org/boa/3283080996.html
Now that (depending on the condition of the boat) is an exceptional deal, but on any given day you can find 1436 and wider jons for well under the 1100 mark. If I had to put a value on the boat you are looking at, I would put it below the 800 mark the previous poster put on it. I will agree with that poster, once you fish out of the boat you will want to upgrade. What seems nice and wide sitting in a driveway, will shrink down to canoe size when you are out on a lake. Shop around man, you will be happy you did once you are out on the lake.
Chris

aaronjbrowning said:
Captain Ahab said:
i say it is too much $

At what price price would this become a good deal?

Where are you located - add that to your profile and it will be easier to give good advice

For that boat with no motor no more then 600.00

Boats are the cheep part - the motor is where the money is

chrispbrown27 said:
10k? In a Tracker 1542? Man that boat better have a hooker under the deck for when the fishing is slow!
Boat and trailer new $2500, Outboard $3200, Trolling motor $700, Batteries, spare tire, Trailer guides, carpet, seats and pedistals, depth finders, etc, etc. It don't take long :cry: I have saved all my receipts since day one and sometime wish I hadn't!!

Latest posts