V boat bow deck question from a new member

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaludaSlug

Reaction score
I just purchased a 16'6" Alumacraft v and want to add a front deck between the front bench and bow. I prefer not to use wood framing and plan on using aluminum L. My plan is to make the whole platform removable rather than have to deal with a hatch. Any suggestions on how to attach bracing in the bow area that i can lat the platform on? There is a small platform on the top of the bow (big enough to mount a trolling motor) that but the platform I want to build will be below this on the same level as the existing bench seat.

Welcome Aboard, Saluda! :)

There's a few members here who have done bow mods to their V's and some who have used aluminum L. They will most likely be along soon to offer tips. Set yourself up a pic gallery and post some pics if available. Again, welcome to the site! :)

How much of a drop from the exsisting small platform to the seat? If you measure down that far from the platform would there be room for the deck you want to put there? Maybe attach some sort of hanger in the front tied to the seat with angle stringers? If you post a picture or two of what you have we can look at it and be better able to make constructive suggestions.

Pictures would be helpful. On mine, I used the clamps that originally held the seats in to hold up the edge of the deck and made bracing out of aluminum angle attached to the ribs to support the middle.

mine was made permanent w/ L aluminum. You may be able to screw the L alum to the wood and then cut the bench seats so that the bracing goes across the seat. Wish I could be of more help.

Latest posts