Filling Holes?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGibson

Reaction score
Was wondering what would be a good hole filler for the sides of my boat? I want to move the console forward so I can set up a pedestal seat behind it and get off the bench. Problem is, there are 5 rivets in the front, 5 in the back holding it to the side & 4 across the top on the rib. Other than welding these, what could I use to fill them myself?

BTW, I thought I had already posted this but I could not find it...

I am thinking about using Marine Tex Epoxy Putty for my holes.... mine are above the waterline rib, and plan on painting over them as well...
Havent used it before, but I hear good things about it... sandable, and paintable....

Someone used rivets to secure the ID plates to the hull... I dont plan on using those again, so I have like 40 little 1/8" diameter holes up towards the bow...

Patch and fill with that, primer x2, paint x2...should be good to go.
My 2 cents.

Watch out using some epoxy for filling holes. Those stick epoxies wont always flex or expand and contract with the metal of the boat.

I would either have the holes welded or just reinstall solid rivets. You can also use stainless bolts and nuts with some 5200 on them.

I have used Marine Tex and JB Waterweld. Sand and paint. Have not had any problems.

I have also used rivets and stainless bolts & nuts. It all depended on what and where I was applying the fix.

Latest posts