where to go for parts?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneckpunk

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1993 Monarch 1900 deep-V alum that I hope to be rebuilding (floors, dash, etc) this winter. I know the boat was built by Starcraft because the Hull ID # is a starcraft #. I am wondering where I can get parts, such a replacement dashes, possibly window frame, and other small parts? Also, I've searched the internet to no avail trying to find out what size fuel tank the boat has in it. ANy suggestions short of draining the tank and refilling to find out the size?

thanks in advance
~RNP

Here is some info - you might want to contact SeaArk (formerly Monark boat company)

https://seaarkboats.net/company-info/history/

If you multiply the height, width, and length of the fuel tank and divide that number by 241 you will get the capacity in gallons.

www.greatlakesskipper.com has a motherload of OEM parts. Unlikely they will be specific to your boat model but they stock a huge array of stuff for retrofits at very competitive prices. I've had good luck finding quality parts there, suggest you just add them to your potential sources for research and cross reference with other vendorss (ebay, etc.) for price and fit.

Note there are allot of sources out there and apparently allot of people who buy the first thing they find because the majority of MARINE parts dealers have ridiculus markups. I hate to say it but I dont buy anything from my local marine dealers unless its mission critical to hitting the water today. I just could not afford to keep both of my rigs going (and still have beer and gas money-both mission critical) if I bought local. The combination of high price and low quality makes for a long day w/ DIY work. I track it pretty close and on average I'm saving a little over 50% by buying quality parts online (including shipping). Suggest you get a parts wish list going (I use an excel spreadsheet) and start surfing the web noting where you find the sales, clearances, etc. and try to bundle your orders.

Captain Ahab said:
Here is some info - you might want to contact SeaArk (formerly Monark boat company)

https://seaarkboats.net/company-info/history/

Thanks Capt, I already went that route and they said that because the hull # is a Starcraft, I should try contacting them. That led nowhere as well with no responses to my emails. Greatlakesskipper is already saved to favs from last project but havent come across anything there yet. Thanks for all the suggestions guys but looking more and more like on my own and doing some additional fab work and perhaps customize something. Plenty of time to figure out something while recovering from yesturdays shoulder surgery

~RNP

Latest posts