I want to get a really nice bimini top and boat cover?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveInGA

Reaction score
As the completion date of the restoration of my Bass Tracker draws near, I find myself wanting to get a quality cover and quality bimini top for the boat. Of the two, the bimini top is going to be very important to me, as it's going to get used a lot, since both my wife and I are fair skinned. I'm also thinking of getting one long enough to cover my center section front to back and tall enough I can walk underneath it.

Can anyone suggest a couple of good, solid, reasonably priced brands I can expect good service out of? I'm wanting something that will last and be a pleasure, rather than a pain, to use.

Thank you,

Dave

I put a Hurricane two bow bimini on my boat, actually the last two. I love them, great for kids and fishing in summer down south. Has held up just fine, although I did get a boot to protect it.

Boot is the accessory piece of fabric that zips up around the folded top to protect it, and keep it bundled neatly.

My main suggestion is to get the extra strut braces - most of the smaller tops attach to the boat in the middle, then use straps that pull fore and aft to keep it upright. However, when you fold it up, you have to lay it down. With the extra strut braces, you can fold the bimini, yet still have it upright, and not impeding on your deck space.

I've installed some of the Westland units from Iboats, in the less costly spectrum. Decently quality units using mill finish aluminum. If you have the money, a stainless frame will be stronger, but they are generally much costlier. Keep the boot on it to keep the top out of the UV when not using the boat, and the fabric itself will last quite a long time.

Get the height just tall enough to walk under without extra overhead. The lower the top is, the more shade the top will provide in the late afternoon, when the sun isn't directly overhead.

I have a Classic Accessories Storm Pro trailerable cover. Very strong and well made.

You can get one for around $160 for the size you need at BP. I would also check Ebay.

On the bimini tops, which color provides the best shade, white vinyl or grey canvas? The grey canvas is cheaper, but is it hotter underneath it?

Thanks again,

Dave

Latest posts