Polar Kraft J1468 opinions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishstickman

Reaction score
Folks,
I have a shot at getting a 2005 PolarKraft J1468 in what appears to be pretty good shape. Sounds like it might need a minor weld repair in the transom (if there is such a thing), but otherwise looks to be in good shape.

Anyone have any experience with these boats? Any feel for what price you would be comfortable paying for the boat, on a trailer, but buying it sight unseen? No motor...

Thanks

No experience with the PolarKraft 1468, but I currently have a 1448 and love it. I have also owned a 1973 PolarKraft and it was a well built craft. For price, considering it needs repairs and no motor, I'd say $500-600.

Thanks, ictl. Considering it has a trailer in pretty good shape, I was thinking about $650-$750. Am I crazy?

No, not crazy on price, and it is a newer hull. Just make sure the needed repair isn't anything too bent or cracked (like from running a 70 HP on a 14' boat). The repair very well could be closing a hole where a transducer was placed, which is no issue.

Take look at the first set of pics in my landau link, I think I paid $640 for the boat (I'm within $20 or so on my guess).

Latest posts