Help identify this boat please

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdkxtreme

Reaction score
I just bought this boat pretty cheap. Carb needs cleaned and a new pull rope. Anyone know the brand of the boat?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 427
We have a 15' Fisher, believe it's a 1978 model that the rise in the front and rear looks very similar. However, I don't think our flat front is quite that wide if that makes sense. But I could be wrong! Everything else is spot on.

look on the right rear corner - -- there should be a couple letters in front of the serial number
tell us the letters and numbers

btw - tr running a can of seafoam in the gas - that should clean out the carbs --

There are no tags or numbers on the boat that I have been able to find..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 390
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 390
That is a sticker from the dealer. I have not been able to find any numbers anywhere.

That's a Fisher. If not it's a darned close copy of one.

The front flared up like that and those bottom corner pieces that hold the floor down and the sides in place are dead on for them. The way the inside panels are made as well.

Sitting in the back seat looking forward, there was probably a metal sticker on the right side about half way down back towards the corner.

the back corner -0 not the top not the side - not the inside - -- the back of the boat where the motor hangs off- the part you see as the boat pulls away- the last part of the boat in the water -

all kidding aside - take a pic of the back of the boat - top right corner - about 2 inches down and a couple inches in --

stand right where you stood for the last pic - now drop the camera down to show the back of the boat -

Rich27028 said:
the back corner -0 not the top not the side - not the inside - -- the back of the boat where the motor hangs off- the part you see as the boat pulls away- the last part of the boat in the water -

all kidding aside - take a pic of the back of the boat - top right corner - about 2 inches down and a couple inches in --

stand right where you stood for the last pic - now drop the camera down to show the back of the boat -

I have the picture you are asking for a little higher up in this post.

Rich27028 said:
take a pic of the top right corner of your boat - on the back -- not the side -

You said take a pic of the " top right corner " I did that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 349
JD right where that sticker is - there should be a number either stamped into the metal or a tag riveted onto the transom

JD also - you will need a regestration or a title to that boat to reg it with your wildlife dept- to get the wildlife sticker - so you can put it on the water - and to get the boat into your name - any boat that takes a motor has to be regestered or titled by the state -same as a car-

please dont think im casuing you any problems - im here to help all i can - have had a couple big boats -[ think ocean ] also just bought a 16 ft tin boat to fish for a while - mostly intracoastle and salt water grass flats--

your wildlif agent ca run the numbers on the side of the boat and tell you the last reg owner --

your wild life dept can run the numbers that are on the side of the boat - it will tell them the last reg owner -

it would help to know what state you live in - i can look up the information you need to get your boat on the water- Rich

I'm in TN. There is nothing stamped or riveted to the boat where you say it should be. I was told by the Twra to go to the clerks office with my bill of sale and pay the sales tax and they would give me a temp registration to give me time to get the decals from the TWRA. TN does not require a title for boats

Well you need to scream hallelujah and praise sweet baby Jesus for that! I went through a mess with my last boat to find the person whose name it was actually registered in. Fortunately, he was nice enough to sign the bill of sale to me.

JDK

I agree w/ brine that it definitely fits the mold of a Fisher. Is it a 1542? Yes, TN is great in terms of boat registration. If you cannot find any HIN on the outside of the stern and usually at one additional location inside the hull, then it is most likely a pre 1972 (ish) model. You can tell the TWRA that it is a 1970 Fisher and a new HIN should be issued. Where in TN are you located? Good luck.

Latest posts