Modified Vee Thoughts ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up a winter project. We have a 19' G3 Center Console that we love to fish the flats in. Boat is an 09 and there are places I just don't even want to consider taking the boat since it's in perfect shape and when we move up in a year or so, we want to keep it looking that way.

With that being said, we are looking around for a 15' to 16' modified v to run the flats and rivers with in search of redfish and trout.
Lots out there to choose from as far as manufacturers... G3 - Fisher - Alumacraft - SeaArk and the like. Anyone have any input on experiences with the way one rides and performs over another with a small outboard? Say a 25 or 30 tiller etc. I want something that's built pretty much like a tank and can take a pounding. I've seen a good bit of them out there and as the season ends, they'll be deals to be had.

We are going to make this into a flat's boat.

Thanks

BB

i have a 17.5 g3 kinda between your current boat and you next boat. i see 31-35mph with a 50hp depending on gear and people load.
it has more flat bottom traits than v traits. planed out it slaps and pops running over chop. it also floats in around 6'' of water.
the build link in my sig has pics of my hull fully gutted if you want to see some underlying structure.

i also have '75 1436 monark/seaark hull that doesnt leak a drop.

i think both brands are super boats.

yamaha owns skeeter and g3 so that is what you will find on the g3s out there.

a awesome salt build https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22132

Latest posts