Ratchet Style Cover for Jon Boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbarba11

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a ratchet style cover available for a flat nosed jon? I seem to only be able to find them for V's. I like the idea of leaving the straps attached to the trailer and ratcheting the cover down to get it tight. A friend of mine has one and it's a heck of a lot faster than the one I have now. Below is a picture for reference if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• cabelas ratchet-tite boat cover.jpg
    cabelas ratchet-tite boat cover.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 431
I don't have a ratcheting cover but the cover I do have a cover that has a rope at the backside where I can use a ratchet on it. Ratchet came from Lowe's and I just use the ratchet part of the package. I cut off one loop of the rope and ran it thru the ratchet. The ratchet hook grabs the other loop and I can pull on the ratchet and get the cover fairly tight. Not sure if that's what you're looking for but it works for me to keep the cover taunt and shed rain.

SevenPin

Do you have a link/brand of the cover you have? Pictures would also help, thanks!

Dbarba11 said:
Do you have a link/brand of the cover you have? Pictures would also help, thanks!

It is one of the covers that iBoats has on their page - either Westland or Endura, can't remember (just senility setting in :lol: ). I'll look this weekend. Not sure if they would have a type that would fit your jon boat but it might worth a look. Here is a picture of the ratchet from Lowe's:

ratchet package.jpg

Let me know if you want to see the ratchet as it sits behind the boat.

SevenPin

Latest posts