Rivet replacement MirroCraft 14ft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuffy47

Reaction score
Hello

Have some rivets that i need to replace on my MirroCraft 14ft V hull

There is a floor in it so I want to use blind rivets.

reading it would appear I should use 1/4" diameter.

The rivets will be passing through 2 layers and 3 layers of aluminum.

Can someone give me the part number form a good site of a very good universal rivet I could use?

Okay got the website

Could I get the preferred style, Length and Diameter :) pretty please

Email the guys at Jaycee... they helped me figure out the right size and diameter..

Just got mine delivered today!!!

what did you order were about are the rivets you are replacing?

Will contact them and see where that takes me too :)

Ideally you'd have a pretty good idea on the total thickness of the "several aluminum plates" you are riveting. That establishes the "grip depth" on the rivets you'll need.

I'm no rivet pro, but I'm replacing almost all of my deck rivets on my Tracker. They are loose enough to click-bang on every step around on the deck. I've been going with slightly longer is better. Reached under there after installing some that just barely extended beyond the brace I was riveting to and it just did not seem like it was going to hold (I dont want to go through this excercise again). Just my two cents...

Okay

Now one of my problems a floor installed in the boat will not allow me to see the exact layer of aluminum

Will measure thickness of keel aluminum and the rivet that is there assume 3 layers and the other 2 layers.

What head type did you use?

Thnx

I had to go through the hull, and a rib (or stringer) so two layers of alum...

Tricky when you cant see the other side in your case...

They recommended i get 3/16 - 1/4 grip length...which I just poked one through last night for fitting purposes and i had about ohhhh...1/8" extra protruding from the other side I would estimate...

Which seemed like more than enough extra... if you are passing through 3 layers, maybe the next step up above the ones I got?

Latest posts