How would you fix this?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishstickman

Reaction score
Looking to buy this boat, but there's a little hickey on the bow. It's not a great picture, but there is actually a hole through the hull right under the gunwale by the bow eye.

How would you go about repairing this one? Take it to an aluminum shop and have them patch it?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN0990.JPG
    DSCN0990.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 850
Id get it as straight as possible and weld some flat stock over it. Those cracks will keep commit back without a new support. Probably a $50 job around here

I've never done it, but that was what I was thinking. I need some new metal and a welder to do it.

Thanks for your opinion.

Loggerhead Mike said:
Id get it as straight as possible and weld some flat stock over it. Those cracks will keep commit back without a new support. Probably a $50 job around here

Yep! =D>

id remove the bow light and weld any cracks and fill any holes. then id take a peice of angle that was long enough to have about 6 inches on both sides of that crack and lay it across the gunwale and weld it on.... id go with 1/4 inch angle also..

yes, id do what they recommended, my boat has the same crack...someone ran it up hard on the trailer. Im totally modifying my boat from the bare hull up and that is what im going to do on thew front to beef it up!