Downrigger mounting solutions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speyfitter

Reaction score
Hey Fellas - new member here from the West Coast of Canada who is looking at a Lund SSV 16 to buy next year. My intended uses are as a versatile craft with mostly freshwater use but some saltwater use mixed in at times. I do want to install some Scotty compact manual downriggers like I had on my last boat and I'm curious what types of solutions or set ups you guys have installed to mount downriggers on your boats? As we all know the thin nature of the boats side walls can become an issue in this regard but it's not insurmountable I know.

Not real familiar with that particular Lund. Does it have Lund's Sport Track system, or can you get one with it?
If so, there's a few options for mounting.

The one I just found for Scotty Downriggers that they offer is their 1021 Clamp mount ( search it) for their 1050 and 1060 downriggers. It's a real simple mount with no holes to drill but looks reasonably strong to go over your typical gunwales of an aluminum boat. Anyone have one or tried one?

I have two of the Scotty 1050 downriggers with the 1021 clamp mount and it works out very good. You can move them around if need be and seem to be very strong mounting system. I did some research on Walker, Cannon and Scotty and Scotty were the only makers with a strong clamping system on the market. Just my two cents.

Latest posts