floor project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billmc47

Reaction score
I have been looking around this site for a few days now and just wanted to say hi.
I have a 1448 fish allwelded jon. Wanting to put a floor in the boat, I hate walking over the ribs and think a carpeted floor would look and just be better all around
Any help appreciated.
BillMc

Welcome to Tin Boats - you will get lots of help here on your proposed project.

Post a few pics of the boat to get our members started!

Welcome Bill,
Thanks for joining!

Check out this you tube video broken down by Members to get even more ideas for your jon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNyg5gvA5b8

I like the floor that just sits in flush. Did you have to use stringers or any kind of bracing? Was also wondering about foam between the ribs.
BillMc

billmc47 said:
I like the floor that just sits in flush. Did you have to use stringers or any kind of bracing? Was also wondering about foam between the ribs.
BillMc

Welcome Aboard! Sometimes it depends on the configuration of the boat floor, ie., # of ribs, spacing, height, etc. Post a pic or two of the inside deck of your rig. :)

I am going to replace the plywood floors that go over the ribs in my boat. What I have is over 5/8". It is notched on ends to fit between the ribs. It has astro turf on it. I am going to use 3/8". Under the floor I'm adding the pink insulation that is used around basement walls. It does not soak up water. I am going to paint all edges of the plywood with non slip paint and screw it to the ribs w/ stainless steel screws.
I am going to screw it because if the boat ever "sinks" the decks will hold the foam, instead of having the foam push the ply out, everything will hold together and float higher.

A few pics of my boat. Hard to get pics of the entire bottom

Attachments

• DSCN0857.JPG
    DSCN0857.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 816
  • DSCN0858.JPG
    DSCN0858.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 818
  • DSCN0859.JPG
    DSCN0859.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 815
  • DSCN0860.JPG
    DSCN0860.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 818
  • DSCN0861.JPG
    DSCN0861.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 817
bluegillfisher said:
I am going to replace the plywood floors that go over the ribs in my boat. What I have is over 5/8". It is notched on ends to fit between the ribs. It has astro turf on it. I am going to use 3/8". Under the floor I'm adding the pink insulation that is used around basement walls. It does not soak up water. I am going to paint all edges of the plywood with non slip paint and screw it to the ribs w/ stainless steel screws.
I am going to screw it because if the boat ever "sinks" the decks will hold the foam, instead of having the foam push the ply out, everything will hold together and float higher.

DenisD said:
bluegillfisher said:

Be careful with that foam and gas. Sometimes there's a bad reaction.

Latest posts