Skeeter wooden bass boat plans/drawing, anyone have any?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty.hook

Reaction score
I maybe not be able to get into a boat and fish anymore, but I sure can build one!
I have approx 20 or more pics of different angles of two different year wood Skeeter bass boat and approx the same of the fiberglass Skeeter boat.
I am now in the process of trying to building a 14" to 18" balsa wood model of the first wood Skeeter from 1958 now. If anyone has any plans or drawings, I would certainly appreciate a copy, because this little boat has a lot of mean angles. Having a heck of a time with the angles. Man ol Holmes Thurmond the founder must have been one smart man, thanx, Doyle, [email protected]
Pics below of the boat.

Attachments

• sk2.jpg
    sk2.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 1,423
  • sk3.jpg
    sk3.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 1,423
  • sk4.jpg
    sk4.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 1,423
Almost finished with the model, pic below of the boat, it is 14 1/2" long. A great challenge. A hobbie shop owner named Robert, here in Baytown, from Razor Hobbies did most of the work. See pic below.

Attachments

• skeeter_boat.jpg
    skeeter_boat.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,324
Baytown, Texas wooden Skeeter boat fleet.

A fleet of wooden Skeeters
I can guarantee you have never seen so many wooden Skeeters in your life unless you were at Holmes Thurmond Skeeter boat factory in Schreveport, La. back in the late 40's or early to mid 50's!
The two dark green boats with the full front deck were a special built boat for an amputee from the war in 1948. The center section was a livewell.
They drilled a hole in the floor and the water would seek it's own level, world's first livewell?

All ready to roll out of here, or better, float outa here!,

Attachments

• a. fleeter of Skeeters.2.jpg
    a. fleeter of Skeeters.2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,191
  • a. fleeter of Skeeters.jpg
    a. fleeter of Skeeters.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,191

Latest posts