New Guy with 16' Starcraft Sea Sport

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiefmurph

Reaction score
My first post to tinboats.net. Great Forum.
I Just picked this up Sunday. 16' Starcraft Sea Sport. Great Trailer and a 1965 6HP Sea King Motor (under powered for the boat) that I could of ate off of. Not sure when I'll get to it as I have a family room that I'm in the middle of refurbishing. I'll probably do it in spurts as to keep her water ready as much as possible.
Chiefmurph

Attachments

• side of boat.JPG
    side of boat.JPG
    608.2 KB · Views: 499
Man that is a nice rig you got there. I saw one just like that in some guys driveway down in Beacon Falls. Thought about stopping by to check

Heavymetal,
Maybe start it later in November. Need to start looking at idea. But the priority to me right now would be to.

1. Get the layout figured out first.
2 Take pictures as I go to post in the Mod Forum
2. Rip out the floor and whatever else needs to come out.
3. Refigure out the layout again if needed.
4. Start doing the mods.

I have to take into consideration weight distribution. Can't have my ship listing to one side or the other. I do that just fine myself while just walking around. Not sure how the boat was originally configured, but i don't think I'll be putting to much of a strain on the weight limitation of the boat by doing what i think i have for a plan.

I'm open to suggestions. So that is why I'll post as I go on the forum. Got a bunch of smarter people than me on this site and i'm going to utilize that knowledge.
Chiefmurph

:beer:

PS:
you got my roof done yet?
And my Truck?
And my family room?
And my hallway?

Much fun going on here lately!

here you go MrSimon.

Attachments

• in bow.JPG
    in bow.JPG
    465.4 KB · Views: 404
  • in port looking aft.JPG
    in port looking aft.JPG
    516.4 KB · Views: 404
VERY nice, Chief.

Wisest thing I was ever told was to "use it before you change it."

Now is a good time of year to shop for a larger engine...that boat could take much more than a 6.

Have fun, be safe.

Well Chief, happy Navy birthday today! I'm a Navy veteran and figured that's what it ment.

(I'm a Lt. For the Department of Veterans Affairs Police Department now)

Thank you for your service!

Thanks Offduty and right back at ya. VA can't be a bad gig. I'm at DoD, so it gets busy sometimes.
Take care.
chiefmurph
:beer: :USA1:

Nice boat! That thing's got tons of potiental - my mind's gears are just spinning away just looking at it. 8)

Only a 6hp? Sounds like someone left you with the kicker and kept the big motor. If you do any trolling at all, keep that 6hp and save the wear and tear on your big motor when you get it.