Rod Holder's

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defiant

Reaction score
Hey guy's what angle rod holder's do you perfer I am going to order some Driftmaster's and dont know what angle to go with thank's

Yea Jim there is a few different angle's lol I am looking at the little flatliner's that are 25 degree not sure yet .

thanks Waterwing's I was looking at those holders also not quit sure what to go with yet still looking and by the way thats a sweet looking boat :D

I have 4 of the Scotty holders as well. Mine don't have the twist lock but have a rubber strap that goes across rod. I used them last year trolling for salmon and had several 15-16lb Kings jerking on them.

IMG_1115.jpg

I've thought about getting the extension for the mount I have, mostly for the convenience to my wife when she's using the holder. Does the extension seem well-built (sturdy)?

Oh, Welcome Aboard! :)

I don't know the answer to your question, sorry. I am still trying to figure out my rodholder situation. #-o

WW- thanks for the welcome.

The extensions are pretty sturdy. I use mine more for long line trolling small baits mainly but have used them trollling some big cranks and have yet to have any problems.

Dave

I ordered the driftmaster flatliner's at 25degree's hope they work ok if not will have to try something else

If only I had a boat to put them on. Unfortunately I've got other priorities right now, Annivesary, Mothers Day, Level out my homesite, get electric and plumbing done again......The list keeps getting bigger, however the wife did say yesterday that she wanted to make sure we made our new fence gate wide enough that we could back the boat into it =D> So thats one success!

Success!!!!!

Well sort of, My mother and next door neighbor bought a 12 foot Aluminum V to Flat boat last night. I've been told that if I put in the sweat equity I can take it any time I want. Now I just need to source an outboard for it...... Craigslist here I come.

Ok put the rod holder's on and went out with them muskie fishing they were great hold's the rod with no movement and the angle is just about right will have to get some more of them .

Latest posts