Livewell Drain?????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ky_madman

Reaction score
I'm putting in a cooler-type livewell. How do I run the drain? Can I "T" it in to the bilge pump hose?In the cooler I've got a line coming in from the back to fill the well. Then, I have a pump in the bottom of the cooler, going to an aerator pipe in the top. Then I've got a drain in the bottom and an overflow in the top, these will be tied together. Where do I run this drain, without putting another hole in the boat.....and how do I push the water out? Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

What I would do is.
if you but a tee with 2 shut off valves in your aerator line you can pump the water out of the livewell
now that drain line can be plumbed into you bilge line as long as you but a check valve in the line so the water can only flow out of the boat and not back into the bilge. the over flow can be done the same way but the drain in the bottom I would just let that drain into the bottom of the boat as a rinse out option

Wayne

Okay Redbug,
Let's see if I understand this clearly. I put a "T" from the aerator pump with a cut-off valve on each far-side of the "T" (away from the aerator pump) run the line off of the "T" to the bilge out line. Other line goes to circulate air in livewell. Correct?

ky_madman said:
Okay Redbug,
Let's see if I understand this clearly. I put a "T" from the aerator pump with a cut-off valve on each far-side of the "T" (away from the aerator pump) run the line off of the "T" to the bilge out line. Other line goes to circulate air in livewell. Correct?

Ky madman , that is correct just be sue to add a chec valve to the bilge line so the water can only flow out of the boat