One Boat ... Three Different Years?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1968Lew

Reaction score
I was told my 14' Starcraft was a 95 model. Registration says it is a 97 model (even though I have an previous-owner Bill of Sale dated 1995). The HIN, if I'm reading it right, indicates that my boat is an 88. Here's the HIN: STRW8511B888. If it is indeed an 88 ... what do I do, if anything, about the registration? Could it be a 95 or 97 with that HIN? Please advise.

Here you go - your boat is a 88

The Boat History Report for this 1988 STARCRAFT MARINE LLC is available.
HIN:STRW8511B888Watercraft:1988 STARCRAFT MARINE LLC

here is a link also
https://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.htm

Well, I've learned that the less confusing you can make things for the state, the easier things are all around.

I've got to hand it to Georgia, though. www.georgiawildlife.com is well set up, very easy to use and very complete. Thanks to that site, the question is now moot. I was able to locate my boat in their Vessel Registration Database, correctly registered to the fellow I bought it from (my Uncle), and it's correctly listed as an 88.

So, all questions are answered and all paperwork is above board. I've got my paperwork ready to send in, and a copy to use for temp registration for the next 30 days.

Latest posts