First boat! 1971 Appleby 14ft flat bottom.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rksenkbeil

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

This is mine and my fathers first venture into the world of Jon/Bass conversions.

We've taken her out a few times, and It's a blast.. but we're looking to...

A) Add Seats and storage.. Deck the front 1/4 of the boat, and add a storage compartment.. trollin' motor.. and a seat.. Rod boxes on both sides.. and a seat in the back.

B) Wiring. Wire up some lights, trolling motor, pump, maybe a live well?, this and that and things of that nature.

C) Plywood/Carpet! We're using 3/4" Pressure treated plywood, and going to put a Charcoal colored carpet down. Going to take out the middle bench entirely.

D) Paint! I think we're going with an artic camo pattern. White, black, charcoal, and light gray.

Should be fun! and difficult.. and exciting.. and tedious..

Oh boy, what have we commited to.

Thanks for any input, or suggestions!

- Robby Senkbeil

Boat.jpg

Attachments

• Boat Inside.jpg
    Boat Inside.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 641
  • Boat Motor.jpg
    Boat Motor.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 641
Yeah, now that you mention that it seems I've heard that before... further research says the copper used in the treatment of the wood makes the aluminum corrode rather quickly after it gets wet and bleeds down onto the carpet..

So would you not use pressure treated plywood either? I'm concerned at how well my boxes and decking will hold up if it's not pressure treated...

He is talking about pressure treated.
Lots of people "treat" their own plywood with a waterproofing(Thompsons...),spar varish and fiberglass resin etc.
Theres lots of good info on this site,sit back,relax and take abit of time reading what some people have done.
Welcome to the site.

No Pressure Treated, heard.

so this is where we're at for the day.. as soon as I get my fastners (rivets and screws) I'm getting to framing!

Attachments

• tools.jpg
    tools.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 595
  • Seatless.jpg
    Seatless.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 595
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 595