1989 14' Gamefisher

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhyland

Reaction score
I picked up this boat this past June... I did just a bit of initial cleanup. I wanted to use it a bit before I comitted to doing a major project. I did pull out the center bench and put a floor in the boat.boat1.jpgboat2.jpg

I tried a Honda 9.9 4 stroke on this but it seems heavy and more power than I need based on the places I generally fish...

I rebuilt the transom with solid white oak.
boat3.jpg

I think I will end up painting the inside of the hull, something to keep reflective sun down. The benches are too low for my knees...
so I will need to put a seat on a 4 to 6 inch pedestal. I think I will deck forward of the front bench at the level of the bench and build in a locker for a trolling motor battery.

I'm looking for any words of wisdom people might have...

Thanks,
Chris

Very nice boat.. Did you notice the boat being any weaker after you removed the bench? I want to remove mine also and put in a low floor..

I have used the boat without the center bench about 30 to 40 times.... I have seen no weakness with the center bench removed.

I have a 9.9 4 stroke on it now and it will plane out and run pretty fast and I have seen nothing that would indicate it's a problem.
With that said, it would be weaker if someone t-boned you out on the lake...

Regards,
Chris