Wanting to remove the middle of my boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLETCH

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to the forum and just got a 16foot alumna craft. I'm planning on rigging my boat for duck hunting and I'm wanting to remove the center section that has a storage box. I'm concerned this will effect the structural integrity of the boat. Do y'all think I would be ok cutting the middle seat out?

Attachments

• photo-1.PNG
    photo-1.PNG
    323.6 KB · Views: 247
  • photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    283.7 KB · Views: 247
Some people have removed the center section of the middle bench. What's left of the middle bench give support to the boat.
What's up with the transom? How are you going power your boat?

The transom just has a brace on it. The middle section has a dry storage compartment so I'm thinking I can cut it out and just leave the bottom lip of it for the support.

I would take a square and lay on the floor of the boat and mark each side leaving an inch or so in from the taper of the side and cut the center portion out. Leave the bottom of the seat where it is fastened to the floor for support. you can close the ends of the seat that is left and use it for storage. I hope you can understand this as I seem to be having a problm explaining it. Ivan