Pick your best... Go ahead and pickem

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
Let's say you were comparing several different boats all in the same size of 1652 and larger for your next tinny.

They're all made of the same hull materials... i.e. .100 aluminum and all welded. Yes, SeaArks up to an 1860 is made out of .100. When you go to the 1872, it's made out of .125 material.

Now take a minute rate them as Good, Better, Best: (Taking into account construction, cost and your personal knowledge of these)
Yes, you can have two goods or two betters etc. Feel free to add to the mix if I missed one of your favorites.

Tracker Grizzly
G3
Crestliner
SeaArk
Duracraft
Polar Craft
Lowe Roughneck
Alumaweld/Xpress
Alumacraft

This should be interesting :mrgreen:

If I was buying new - and I was definitely after a V-jon, I'd go with an Alweld 1660VV Custom and get the features I wanted with a 28" depth and not kill me in pricing.

Next would be Xpress, then whatever.. the Tracker would have to be a heck of a deal for me to put it on the list, IMO, as it's not something I would chase down if I was considering the others.

Personally, I think you have left out a couple of the best brands!

First and foremost, If I were buying brand new I would own a SeaArk or War Eagle (not on list), Done Deal. With that said, other brands I would look at used are:

Alumacraft
Lowe (own a 1436 now)
Lund (not on list)
MonArk

I don't think I would consider the rest, unless it was a SUPER deal! Grizzly and Tracker (not on list) would be at the bottom of the list for me as well.

Of course, off the radar for what this thread is about, but I would love to own a RockSalt alloy boat at some point in time!

Latest posts