How wide??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leerobbins

Reaction score
Hi guys...just came across the forum and thought you guys might be my best resource. I'm looking to start a jon boat project and wanted a 14-15 foot boat but as wide as possible. I've seen a million 1448's and an occasional 1450 (at least thats how it was advertised) but I recently saw a 1460 and a 1458 made by Monark. I assume the boats were both either 60 or 58 with one owner listing the boat wrong on craigslist. Are there 58-60 inch wide flat bottom or modified v jon's out there? Just to be clear I mean the bottom width of the boat, too. Thanks for all of your input! -Lee Robbins

Welcome to the site.
Most people that list the 14-15' boats are as 1458 or 60,are either listing them wrong or at the gunnel width and not the bottom width.
Some semi V's are listed that way,so it's not wrong but alittle deceiving.
I think alweld and weld craft(probably more) make wider 14/15' boats,not alot of makers do,till you get in the 16' length.

My 1987 14' Lowe Superior semi-V is 62" max across the gunwale (same width as my tow vehicle). Check out the Meyer aluminum for max width.

I think that the widest I've seen being made currently is the Roughneck 1455 which is 55" wide at the bottom. You normally can get welded boats wider than riveted so I would look, like previously said, at Alweld and Weldbuilt for wider boats.

Thanks for the info...I'm looking for an older boat, more so for a project. Any ideas on older wide bottom boats?

I've seen a Fisher Marine "Water Striker" 15 foot side console for sale on Craigslist but haven't been able to look at it. Looks like it could have been a commercial boat maybe? Is it a heavy boat? If so, I assume its a deeper drafting boat too?

hello

I have a monarch semi v,
and it measures 60 inches right at the bottom . top sides are about 82 inches, 20 inches deep.
so they are out there just very hard to find. Mine shows as being a 1986, and it belonged to a naval station in corpus Christi,,

Latest posts