New here- looking for suggestions on direction to go

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BombThreat

Reaction score
Through searching of google and reading misc small websites I found yours and glad I did. Looks like this is the right place (hopefully) with what I'm trying do accomplish.

Me and a small group of us assemble a small PWC race series during the warmer months and one major obstacle has been setting buoys and pulling them back out. In the past we have used our course marshal PWC's to pull them out and set same to retrieve them. Its very awkward and tough on the back. We used a pontoon boat for one of our events but only because it was close to our homes and could barrow it. For longer distances it isn't feasible because it would require another truck. So what i was thinking was possibly getting a small boat and adding some out riggers to keep it stab;e when we set the buoys. I'm wondering with wealth of experience and knowledge. What would you guys suggest I use to meet these parameters?

-Be able to mount on top of a enclosed trailer with 4 people
-Stable enough to hold two adults and 4 buoys setups - Four cinder blocks (approx. 30lbs each) and four 24" floats
-Budget is about $1000 for used equipment.

I'd increase your budget get a bigger boat and use it as a rescue boat too.