My first rebuild, '81 bluefin, seahawk

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDoerr

Reaction score
Hey guys, fresh to the site here and already learning a ton. I got a 81 bluefin seahawk with a Semi-V hull. I fished it last season and It was decked when I bought it but I hated the casting deck and it was getting soft in spots.

Anyways, I'm an avid river fisherman, targeting cats and sturgeon pretty much 100% of the time. The Mississippi and st. Croix up here in minnedota have a lot of pleasure cruisers running around and it can get pretty windy so I have some pretty different ideas in store.

Plans are to run a flat deck along the seam 18" below the gunnel and just above the floor. That will give me 56" of floor to play with for about 9'. At that 9' mark I'm planning on doing a center console to really balance the boat out and make it easier for me to stand while I'm out at night scanning for things that can kill me.

Everything's going to be aluminum, I'm going to run a garage floor paint, and keep the sides and gunnels carpeted. Catfish crap everywhere and it's going to be nice just to spray the floor off :)

Anyways here's some pictures

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352139309.852920.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352139345.432474.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352139416.803041.jpg

Greetings neighbor from Minnesota.
I love the big cats too and look forward to
following your project.
Also, maybe you'll share some of your favorite spots
on the rivers. Have fun.

jasper

Just ordered a gallon of steelflex with the olive drab. Man oh man do they have old school awesome customer service! Really good to see that still out there.

Its reasonable too! Under 65$ for pigment shipping and a gallon.