New Grizzly rear deck is nicer than the whole boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbit

Reaction score
I should have seen it coming:
8173468828_439b5f3595_b.jpg

Makes the rest of the boat look like a dog.
Mahogany tie rails for camping equipment (yes they tilt in towards each other,) Cherry front rail and cleats.
3/8" B/C exterior ply is epoxy coated. Two coats topside. I used green pigment powder. 4" cloth tape on the bottom around
the edge.
Framing is 1" hardwood, epoxy coated.
Lower deck is where the seat goes. Had to make it in two pieces to fit inside the boat.
I ground it all out in my shop.
Ciao

Looks nice.

I'm hoping this is an older picture or maybe you live in Alaska? What's that funny looking white stuff all around??

Where are you from where the rain is white?

Nice job. Well done, but, the next time, you have to match all of your woods. Imagine, mahogany and cherry on the same deck...Tsssk tsssk. Ha! Rich

I'm in WV. Hurricane Irene dumped four feet of wet snow on us. Some people here still without power.
That's left over snow. Should have seen it a week ago.
Folks around here sometimes call this area "Canada."

Didn't want to match my wood. I like the way cherry and Mhog look together. It think it looks great with the green deck. I often mix species.
It's a more refined look for people who love wood.

Well, since you asked....

We recently bought a 60 inch HD TV. We had an older credenza that wouldn't accomodate any TV larger than 36 inches or so.

I cut the top half off of the old credenza's center portion; made a new top/base that held the new TV.

I then built a "bridge" out of matching mahogany crown moulding. We had to salvage the backing of the cut-off top unit to make up a backing board for the new center section.

To fill in the open areas, I created fake speaker boxes on either side of the center piece. All in all, I have about $250.00 in it. Most of that in the high priced mahogany crown; boards and plywood.

1DSC04198.jpg

2012-11-09+13.29.57.jpg

2012-11-10+13.56.16.jpg

regards, Rich

Don't know what I was thinking. It was Hurricane Sandy not Irene. Sandy the storm that knocked out our power for three days here and three weeks down the mountain. That storm really tore things up. Thousands of trees down. Kayakers are gonna hate it, the best river is choked with trees. Can't go a hundred yards without getting strained.