Nooks and crannies

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
I was thinking of stuffing some stainless steel pot scrubbers in the holes and various other places on my boat to try and keep the rodents and possibly reptiles out.

Is there anything else people use? Am I missing something obvious? I want to be able to remove it easily if I need to run a wire etc..

a couple boxes of Decon- them little rodents will eat one meal and go to the big cheese in the sky--

dosent seem to me you need to worry about to many reptiles that far north - i would think they would be well below ground during the winter--

Rich27028 said:
a couple boxes of Decon- them little rodents will eat one meal and go to the big cheese in the sky--

dosent seem to me you need to worry about to many reptiles that far north - i would think they would be well below ground during the winter--

They are in the winter, but the boat sits in the water all summer. Haven't seen one in the boat yet, but I've had a couple in the house (snakes) and it makes you plan ahead.

Thats why I was thinking stainless steel so it wouldn't rust like steel wool.

I've been cleaning in the garage last couple days and I found where a mouse had been storing the poison I had out. Picked up a towel that I used to wipe my car off and a bunch of pellets fell out. Not sure what was going on there.. saving for later? super mouse?

Just stop and think ss wool and Alu. are dis-simular metals could cause problem down road..Another Idea how about some wadded up fiberglass window screen ur wadded up Alu. screen...cva34

I just found a product called Critter Ridder at ACE Hardware to keep cats away from my condo roof. They also have similar products for other pests and vermin.

cva34 said:
Just stop and think ss wool and Alu. are dis-simular metals could cause problem down road..Another Idea how about some wadded up fiberglass window screen ur wadded up Alu. screen...cva34

Is that why manufacturers use SS hardware to install boat motors and accessories? :roll:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put whatever you want in the boat to keep the critters out, but put some Bounce fabric softener dryer sheets in there too... critters hate the smell of them. Change them out every month or two.

jigngrub said:
cva34 said:

Is that why manufacturers use SS hardware to install boat motors and accessories? :roll:

---Take a look at this chart ----https://www.corrosionist.com/galvanic_corrosion_chart.htm cva34---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put whatever you want in the boat to keep the critters out, but put some Bounce fabric softener dryer sheets in there too... critters hate the smell of them. Change them out every month or two.
They

nomowork said:
I just found a product called Critter Ridder at ACE Hardware to keep cats away from my condo roof. They also have similar products for other pests and vermin.

This will work just as well to keep cats away from the roof. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• gevaer.jpg
    gevaer.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 735