Mods to IMPROVE the ride - Smart Tabs or ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
Finalizing the deal soon on a new to me SeaArk 1872. The nature of the beast as it were will mean I'll have my fillings jarred lose when running through some snotty weather. Fortunately the boat has the fuel tank in the bow and it's 30 gallons so that will help keep the bow down a bit.
Still, curious what you've done to improve the ride?

Smart Tabs ? Whale Tail or ?

Boat will end up with either a 90 or 115 etch on it. Swapping out engines.

Thanks

Attachments

• sea_ark(1).jpg
    sea_ark(1).jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 477
  • sea_ark-(2).jpg
    sea_ark-(2).jpg
    251 KB · Views: 477
Smart tabs or whale tail isn't going to smooth that flat bottom ride... you're just going to have to grit your teeth and "raw dog" it.

Do you plan to check the floatation foam for saturation in that boat before taking it out?

jigngrub said:
Smart tabs or whale tail isn't going to smooth that flat bottom ride... you're just going to have to grit your teeth and "raw dog" it.

Do you plan to check the floatation foam for saturation in that boat before taking it out?

I agree - nothing is going to stop the "slap" of a flat bottom except a new hull

hes right speed makes a big differance--

theres a differance between hull slap and porpursing - if its bounding that is cured by motor trim- trim up untill you get prop slippiage -you will be able to tell by the rps on your motor will go way up--- then trim down just untill your prop catches-- and the motor smooths out

A flatbottom is a flatbottom, but there some things that should help (some already mentioned):

Redistribute the weight in the boat.
Play with the trim while running to find a "sweet spot" for spanning from wave to wave.
Adding a Doel Fin (best priced planing aid that works) will allow you to keep the bow down which may help in the snotty stuff, especially when you're by yourself.

Good luck. Nice rig.

Scout27 said:
A flatbottom is a flatbottom, but there some things that should help (some already mentioned):

Redistribute the weight in the boat.
Play with the trim while running to find a "sweet spot" for spanning from wave to wave.
Adding a Doel Fin (best priced planing aid that works) will allow you to keep the bow down which may help in the snotty stuff, especially when you're by yourself.

Good luck. Nice rig.
X-2 Pull the nose down some /slow down/ but stay on plane....cva34

Latest posts