Where can I get black PVC for guide ons?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinChips87

Reaction score
I'm painting my trailer black and would like the guide ons to match. I don't want to paint white PVC because it will just flake off after a couple of uses.

ive seen it before but cant remember where it was. you could call some contractors and they may steer ya in the right direction. if i remember where and nobody posts it i will....

Is this what you are looking for?
https://www.lowes.com/pd_23952-1814...rentURL=?Ns=p_product_avg_rating|1&facetInfo=

I have read that it is not as strong as PVC due to being basically a foam ABS core with solid external and internal skins. If you are using it as a covering for a metal pipe, it would probably give good enough service. I don't know if I would depend on it for an upright without a metal pipe up the middle of it though.

Yeah I was planning on putting some metal tubing with brake lights at the top and then the black plastic would go around the metal pipe. This way I have light when loading at night and the guide ons would still role. What would you guys recommend for size of pipe and which LED brake lights that would fit vertically?

id say its as durable as the white pvc the white one seems more flexible mabe?

could use the gray conduit, pretty strong and would be a decent color match of black and gray.

Latest posts