Charleston Harbour in the 16

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbit

Reaction score
Great day for the trip. Winds 5-10, seas 1 foot.
Buzzed along the sea wall:
charleston waterfrontweb.jpg
Saw the Yorktown and Clamagore:
Yorktownweb.jpg
clamagoreweb.jpg
Checked out this old battery:
charleston batteryweb.jpg
Went out to Fort Sumpter:
fort sumpterweb.jpg
Cruised through a couple of marinas looking at boats.
Had a great day. Left on the rising tide so if I got stuck I wouldn't be stuck for long. Lots of shallow water.
Cheers

Very cool indeed! Great pictures ya got there. Good ol' Fort Sumter, where the first shots of the Civil War were fired. My great great grandfather was a Major in the 5th regiment of the SC Cavalry during that time. Of course, if ya want to go back even farther than that, my ancestor was a General in the Revolutionary War. Ever hear of Morgan's Rangers? :mrgreen: But I digress.

Glad the wind was calm and the conditions were nice in the harbor, and not rough like it can be sometimes. I think tomorrow the wind is supposed to be out of the west, so it'll be another flat day, most likely, but it will also probably make one helluva low tide, as the moon is nearing full. It made a fairly decent low tide today, we picked 18 bushels of oysters.

Sure is! After 3 days of that, we had to take a break! 48 bushels in 3 days.

But, at least we got the restaurant caught up, and they didn't have to buy oysters from someplace else. If anybody's gonna make that money, it's gonna be us. :mrgreen:

Latest posts