Temporary Mooring suggestions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spes

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 14' Lund with a 25hp.
I am going to be renting a place next summer on Cape Cod. (Ma). The rental is right on the water. There are not any moorings at the rental. And unfortunately the nearest boat ramp is probably 6 or so nautical miles away.
I have seen people temporarily toss 3-4 cinder blocks with a small buoy and use that as a mooring for the week and was wondering what you all thought of that idea?
Or should I just anchor bow and stern?
Thanks

You in salt water I take it? I would not moor the Tin in the salt unless it is salt ready

Tow it to the ramp

Where are you staying in CC? I will be there this spring for the striper run

I will be in Truro in August. A little late I know.
I didn't think one week in the salt would be bad.Wrong?

Depends on how much stray current is in the water where you're mooring. And no, there doesn't have to be shore power for this to happen. Some areas are naturally electrically 'hot' even without shore current, etc causing it.

Marine growth probably won't attack it in just a week, but electrolysis could do some damage if the boat isn't protected.

Marine growth will attack it in less then a week - heck overnight on an unprotected bottom in enough to get growth in the summer

Latest posts