Your Opinion Wanted on Paint

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilded

Reaction score
This is a 10 year old boat with quite a bit of sun fade. I don't want to do a full sand down and repaint but want to make it look better. I figure some of you guys have been through this. What do I do? Thanks, ET

DSCN4692.jpg

DSCN4690.jpg

DSCN4693.jpg

DSCN4691.jpg

just do a good wash of the boat with bleach to kill off any oxidation on the paint... then do a light wet sanding and paint with a good epoxy paint. It looks like it's still pretty good paint, so I wouldn't think you would need to use self etching primer then paint over that. I like to use Pettit Easy Poxy - that is some of the best paint I've found for the price, and it's what I've used to paint multiple boats. If you have a paint sprayer, it's even better.

russ010 thanks for the advise on the paint that's what I planed on using after I researched and priced. Good to get a comfirmation! :D

Seems like I read someplace that it stood for Pro Tournament, but I wouldn't take that to the bank.

Mine is going to be a catfishing boat on the Colorado river in Central Texas. It will probably get used to take the grandkids up the Canyon of Eagles to watch wildlife a couple of times a year too. ET

Latest posts